Pages

25 November 2011

Chocolate Salami

This is one hell of a way to get your chocolate fix!


I've been wanting to try out this dessert for ages and finally gave it a go last week. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take any photos of my own. So I've stolen some from here. Truly it was incredibly easy to make and is perfect for dinner parties as you can prepare it well in advance and it keeps really well, as long as it's cold.




I got the recipe here, which you'll find is in Italian but Google Translate does the job. All the recipes I found for this suggested "Oro Saiwa" biscuits. I'm assuming these are a typically Italian kind of biscuit as I've never heard of them and couldn't find anything with that name in the supermarket here. I used malted milk biscuits and they worked very well (That's Shirley biscuits for those in B'dos). I also used rum for flavour instead of coffee. I think that it requires a hell of a lot of rum though, as I was quite generous and you couldn't taste it at all in the end product.


I would highly recommend this dessert. It's easy, beautiful, and absolutely delicious! It is the perfect thing for all those hundreds of holiday parties coming up.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome. I didn't think it was possible to make salami any more delicious/unhealthy. I was clearly wrong.

    ReplyDelete